Southern Exposure

Desde as Entranhas dos Labirintos Latinos.

Sunday, December 14, 2003

Truly a Day of Victory in Argentina

As I write this, I can hear through my window cars honking and people screaming in joyous celebration of victory. In my TV screen the Obelisco, but a few blocks away from my apartment, is surrounded by thousands of people waving flags. A bit above half of the country, I'd guess, is currently celebrating.

No, it has nothing to do with Saddam Hussein's capture. Argentine soccer team Boca Juniors defeated the Italian Milan, bagging for the second time in three years the national, southamerican and world cups. Hussein's capture has barely rated a mention on the news channels so far.

What can I say? National priorities and all that.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home